You can also fill out the form as a Word document (EN, FR, ESP, AR) and send it to email@example.com.
Nominations are now open for the Martin Ennals Award 2022! The deadline to present candidates for the Award is 30th of May 2021.
Our independent Jury will select three Finalists to the Award, who will be announced publicly in early 2022. The Laureate of the Award will be announced in February 2022.
The Martin Ennals Award for Human Rights Defenders honors individuals and organizations who have shown exceptional commitment to defending human rights, despite the risks involved, and who are in need of protection.
In addition to the achievements of the candidate, several criteria are taken into consideration for the Award:
• Candidates must be currently active in the promotion and protection of human rights. The Award does not consider defenders who are deceased.
• The candidate should not employ or advocate violence.
• Self -nominations are not accepted.
• Defenders who are no longer in need of protection (e.g. because they are now in a safe environment) will normally not be considered.
1) Information about the candidate
2) Candidate organization
3) Other Personal Information on the candidate (such as education, profession, area of work, family situation)
(about 200 words max)
4) Reasons why the candidate merits the Award
(about 800 words max)
5) How could the Martin Ennals Award have a positive impact on the safety of the candidate, and/or for the cause promoted by them?
(about 800 words max)
7) Code of Conduct
Martin Ennals Award winners are ambassadors of the Award for years after their selection. To ensure nominated defenders are aligned with our values, please acknowledge the defender’s values are aligned with those of our Ethical guidelines and Code of conduct.
8) Information on the person submitting the nominee
Nominee proposed by
If a candidate is shortlisted for the Martin Ennals Award, references will be contacted to verify information and provide more context on the person's achievements and needs.
10) Additional materials
Please send no more than three additional files in support of this nominee. These may include pictures, biographies, written materials, etc.
Maximum 3 files