Join our team as a digital & visual communications intern!
Digital & visual communications – 60% – Geneva-based
Since its inception in 1992, the Martin Ennals Award for Human Rights Defenders honors individuals and organizations who have shown exceptional commitment to defending human rights, despite the risks involved. The Award is bestowed annually during a ceremony co-hosted with the City of Geneva and includes both a financial stipend as well as protective publicity and advocacy opportunities for three human rights defenders. The Award winners are selected by 10 global human rights organizations who sit on the Jury.
The Martin Ennals Foundation, based in Geneva, is looking for a dynamic intern to support our visual and digital communications activities for 6 months starting mid-September 2021. Please see the terms of reference below. You can submit your application (including a CV, motivation letter, 2 examples of your communications work in French or English, and 2 references) by June 24th 2021 to email@example.com.
The intern reports to the MEF’s Communications Manager for the following tasks:
- Manage the Foundation’s Social Media calendar
- Lead on the Foundation’s social media community management activities
- Monitor MEF and partner online activity
- Update the Foundation’s website in FR/EN as necessary
- Assist in the management of digital live events
- Contribute to improve the MEF digital ecosystem at large
- Produce impactful social media visual assets, in line with MEF style and branding (still images, GIFs, infographics, etc.)
- Produce neat layouts for mailings, reports and other material, in line with MEF style and branding
- Research for photos and edit them as necessary
- Edit short videos
- Assist in the production of short films and digital assets about the Finalists
Figures & stats:
- Manage relevant statistics platforms for the web, the media and social media
- Produce quarterly reports on the Foundation’s outreach
- Assist in the organization of the Martin Ennals Award ceremony events
- Press briefing ahead of the ceremony
- Martin Ennals Award Ceremony in winter 2022
Eligibility Requirements for the internship:
The Martin Ennals Foundation is a small organization run by a highly motivated staff, Board and Jury. At different points in the year, our work will be fast-paced, intense and challenging. While we cannot guarantee our team a life of luxury, we do offer hands-on opportunities to sharpen your skills while advancing a rewarding cause. We’re looking to hire someone who:
- Is enrolled as a student of digital communications, design, or another relevant program; or, has just finished their studies.
- Speaks and writes at the professional level in French and English (additional languages are a plus).
- Has strong digital skills and is at ease with digital media and social media strategies.
- Has a strong visual flair and knows how to produce neat layouts.
- Shows interest for human rights.
- Has previous experience working with programms such as: WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Microsoft teams.
- Is well organized and can work with little supervision.
- Likes fast-paced environments and copes well with stress.
- Has a valid permit to live and work in Switzerland.
- Duration: 6 months
- Working percentage: 60%
- Stipend: 600 CHF per month
- Start date: mid-September 2021